Thursday, February 17, 2011

Working Fast

I always work pretty fast when doing my pastels. I like to do them in a single sitting. I am actually inpatient to see the final result. Regarding the pastel shown on this post (Bridge over Deep Run Creek, 9" x 12") I decided to work much faster than my usual pace. I wanted this to be an exercise in applying freer strokes of the pastel in order to achieve more of a sense of movement in the landscape. I was happy with the resulting pastel. The time to complete this pastel was less than one hour. Less can be more!




2 Comments:

Blogger carrie wolfe said...

I like this - I can definitely see movement!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

I love your art work. It's absolutely beautiful! I admire your talent with pastel so much! I am recently working on my art portfolio and was thinking about doing landscape in pastel instead of acrylic for a change. You have definitely set the standards very high! :) Any tips would be great!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home